Welcome to the UHMLG Website
Welcome to the Website of UHMLG, the University Health and Medical Librarians Group (within the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland).
UHMLG Spring Forum, Royal Society of Medicine, 28 February 2014
State of play—Open Access: extending access to the research literature
- Dr Paul Ayris, Director of Library Services and Copyright Officer, UCL.
An institutional approach to Open Access: developments at UCL
- Professor Stephen Curry, Professor of Structural Biology, Imperial
College London. Open Access - common good or uncommon danger?
- Mark Thorley, Head of Science Information, Natural Environment Research
Council. RCUK Policy on Open Access - where have we got to?
- Alicia Wise, Director of Access and Policy, Elsevier. A publisher’s
perspective on Open Access
- Dr Catriona MacCallum, PLOS Advocacy Projects Manager and Consulting
Editor, PLOS ONE. Open Access and emerging networks of Open Research
- Dr Alma Swan, Director, SPARC Europe, Director, Key Perspectives Ltd.
Open Access issues and challenges
- Betsy Anagnostelis, Librarian, Royal Free Hospital Medical Library &
Joint Academic Support Manager: Biomedicine, UCL Library Services. The
Finch HE-NHS pilot: extending access to research publications for UK NHS
Presentations can be found here: 2014 Springforum Presentations
Latest from the UHMLG Blog
Posted on Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:18:11 +0000 by erikagavillet
After a hearty breakfast, we began bright and early at 9.00am with Erika Gavillet welcoming all the delegates and introducing the first speaker who was Robert Kiley, Head of Digital Services at the Wellcome Trust speaking on The OA landscape …
Posted on Wed, 26 Jun 2013 10:58:23 +0000 by erikagavillet
The conference, Innovation, Transformation, Continuation: smarter working in health and medical libraries was held at the Doubletree at Hilton in Bristol this year. Erika Gavillet, Chair of UHMLG welcomed all. The afternoon kicked off with Janet Peters, Director of Libraries …